Proposed udpates policy change

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:45:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 23:21:45 +0100, Sven wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 09:59:29PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>
> > Before being added to updates, the package must receive a net karma of
> > +3 in Bodhi.
>
> [...]
>
> > It is the expectation of Fesco that the majority of updates should
> > easily be able to garner the necessary karma in a minimal space of time.
>
> I don't know what to say.

Right now (and after sending my early reply), I feel dizzy. I hope to
not take another look at the fedora devel list folder until tomorrow
when it will contain hundreds of message. After those monster threads
last week, now this.

> If Fesco is aiming at getting rid of all the pesky packagers maintaining low
> profile packages: You're well on your way.

Well said.

Also important, Matthew even fills a FESCo seat. Proposals like that are not
what I expect from FESCo members. I'm severely disappointing.