Update question: some user data

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Tue Mar 9 01:28:28 UTC 2010

>>then i seriously think we are following different lists :/
>>as adam's poll is starting to show the majority of fedora users choose
fedora for the fact that it is >>leading the way with the newer software and
that it has constant updates. (ie >>freedom,friends,features,first!) this
argument that most fedora users want a more stable system is not >>what the
fedora users i came across are after. tbh i think this whole identity crisis
is blown of of all >>proportion, you'd think that something like this would
have come with the fedora10 dbus probs or the >>'stabilisation cannot be
detected' not now with a little kde popup window :0

+1 for these comments. I run both Fedora, Ubuntu and Sidux distros and find
that Fedora is the most cutting edge of them all. It's always the first to
introduce new technology whether stable or experimental. And that's one of
the reasons I run different distros, for different reasons. And the
aforementioned being the main reason I ran Fedora. Traditionally, Ubuntu's
(and Debian's) focus has always been more on stability rather than
cutting/bleeding edge. It's good because it gives us, the user, choice.
Which is what Linux is all about after all.

Cheers.

--
Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional