PROPOSAL: Fedora user survey

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Mar 9 13:35:49 UTC 2010

Seth Vidal píše v Út 09. 03. 2010 v 08:02 -0500:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>
> > Ok, but then we're stuck in infinite cycle. Some people want to change update
> > policies/target of Fedora because of users, we don't know who are our user and
> > what they want. Now someone wants to know who are our users/what our users
> > really want, we don't want to know it, because we don't want to do Fedora for
> > what users want or need, because we're developing Fedora for us. Funny ;-)
> >

> Actually, I want to make the update policies so that we have fewer BROKEN
> things.

Ok, we all want to minimalize broken things, but please forgive my maybe
stupid question - how many broken things are there actually or had been
in the past? Don't you want to complicate live of thousands of packages
just because only few tens made troubles?

Dan

PS: I don't have the statistics so the numbers are pure guess.