Proposed udpates policy change

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Mar 9 15:56:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:26:15PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> -1 to this. I've packaged a number of things that I know just one user of.
> I have no idea how many people actually use my packages or how to reach
> them. Therefore it will most likely be impossible for me to get +3 on each
> update and they'll never get out of testing. Do you really want this?

No, and it's an entirely fair question. I don't expect this proposal to
be passed as is - there's going to be further discussion of the details,
and the necessary conditions for something to be considered sufficiently
tested are clearly something that we need to think about carefully. If
there's a tiny number of users then we still want the package to be
tested, but hitting +3 may be implausible.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org