Announcing `gold-rebuild' - link your packages with gold now

Michal Nowak mnowak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 16:37:23 UTC 2010

----- "Richard Hughes" <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 March 2010 11:44, Michal Nowak <mnowak at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Past months I spent investigating `gold' - the new GNU linker
> > and how it now works with stock Fedora packages.
>
> Using gold, I get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: --no-add-needed: unknown option
> /usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This is with fully updated F13.

Unfortunately gold version in F-13 is quite old and a lot happened
upstream since than. Use `gold-rebuil' script with '-r' option
and it will get current daily CVS snapshot from upstream's mirror,
rebuilds RPMs and use them instead of your stock F-13 binutils
packages -- all done in Mock.

See the wiki page or let me know if anything unclear.

> Richard.

Michal