Proposed udpates policy change

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 12:48:27 UTC 2010

Dne 8.3.2010 22:59, Matthew Garrett napsal(a):
> The ability for maintainers to flag an update directly into the updates
> repository will be disabled. Before being added to updates, the package
> must receive a net karma of +3 in Bodhi.

I usually decrease required karma to +-1, but I have never experienced
package pushed to stable because of karma. Does it mean that I shouldn't
bother to fix bugs in the released distros, because new release will
newer get out of updates-testing?

Please clarify.

Thank you,

Matěj

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
       -- Andrew Lang