F13 Alpha - Zarafa

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:07:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/10/2010 03:05 AM, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'm curious why Fedora chose to include Zarafa as opposed to other
>> (mostly) opensource groupware solutions?
>>
>> Ones that come to mind: Scalix, Open-Exchange, Zimbra.
>
> Some contributors interested in Zarafa are now maintaining it in the
> Fedora repository.  If anyone is interested in packaging and maintaining
> any of the alternatives you mention, Fedora will gladly include them as
> long as they are free and open source software.
>
> Rahul
> --

Zarafa is a good alternative to MS exchange, lightweight (written in
PHP)  and Zarafa webmail is looks like outlook (i dislike this).

if someone is interested in packaging of Zimbra Open Source Edition
(ZCS) then i'm ready to collaborate (i'm good in packaging but i don't
have any real experience especially in JEE stuffs )

also ZCS for RHEL/Fedora is distributed as RPMs

Best regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj