Updates proposal - alternative draft 1

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:45:16 UTC 2010

On 03/10/2010 03:53 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> I would prefer to see something in action first. Proof of concept.
> A demonstration of how it improves update quality.

That's exactly why my proposal calls for it to be enforced on critical
path packages first.   I don't specify point details because it then
turns into a discussion about dissecting examples instead of the broader
idea and the implementation details can always be adjusted and will
likely need to be adjusted over time.  We can't predict everything in
advance.  If you disagree with the fundamental premise that any change
is needed at all, then you can directly say so.  If you have a
alternative proposal, feel free to post it.

Rahul