QA's Package update policy proposal

Josh Stone jistone at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 00:08:32 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 03:43 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> James Laska wrote:
>>      3. Package must be newer than previously released versions - can't
>>         ship newer package in N-1.
>
> Definitely, but we must make sure that it's still possible to queue the same
> update for N and N-1 at the same time (= without having to wait for a push
> between queueing N and queueing N-1).

I'm in the habit of queuing for N and N-1 in a single bodhi request.  Is
this addressed by any of our existing or proposed update policies?

It seems to cast doubt on the value of karma -- just because something
gets lots of positive karma on N doesn't mean that N-1 is ok.  Then
again, the same concern is present in any grouped update if the voters
haven't tried *all* of the packages mentioned.

Josh