Adventurous yet Safety-Minded

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 10 12:52:27 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 7:24:18 AM, Mathieu Bridon wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 13:06, Steven I Usdansky
> Your proposal especially doesn't address the third point. How do
> effectively you rollback the package on the mirrors when you don't
> control them?

Assuming  reversion  to  an  older  version  of  the  package is not a
frequent  event,  having  only the main repository house the necessary
delta files  might work out well.

The  additional  network  load for reversions should be containable at
the  master.   It  has  a  number  of  advantages  in  that additional
information about package reversions can be collected:
- Basic statistics about the original and reverted package versions.
- Require that the user be prompted for a reason for the reversion, and
  even more valuable information is collected.

Al