Meeting summary/minutes for 2010-03-09 FESCo meeting

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:51:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:59:56 +0000, Ewan wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 07:50:25AM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> >
> > Do you like it when someone, who isn't getting their way threatens to take
> > their ball and go home?
> >
> There is a big difference between people threatening to take their ball
> home if something happens that they don't like, and people criticising a
> proposal on the basis that they think the technical impact of it will be
> to make it no longer worth their while to maintain packages within
> Fedora.
>
> Many of the responses seem to be more the latter, and shouldn't be
> simply written of as people throwing a strop.

Well, in my case, I have explicitly referred to "dropping ownership of
further packages" after having given a rationale at least once. It wasn't
meant as a threat, because the packages and their bugfix updates would be
considered unimportant anyway by those people who would choose to confine
the packagers and their updates. The real threat was in the update policy
proposals.

It surprised me to see FESCo fight like that in a meeting. Some members
are beside themselves in rage. Steering is hard, let's go shopping.