Expect more positive bodhi karma / check karma automatism

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:34:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> Good news everyone,
>
> you can probably expect to receive more positive bodhi karma for your
> updates in the future (or you already got unexpected much), because
> there is now a script called 'fedora-easy-karma'[0], that makes
> providing feedback a lot easier.
>
> This makes it more important to consider the "karma automatism" for your
> updates. By default testing updates updates are declared stable when
> they get three karma points. In the past this probably never happened,
> but now I have seen several updates, where this occurred. So if you
> think your package should stay longer in testing or needs more intensive
> testing than the average updates, consider disabling the "karma
> automatism" or select a higher threshold for the automatic push to
> happen.
>
> Regards
> Till
>
> [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Easy_Karma

Thankyou very much Till. I started using it this morning and it seems
to work as expected. There are a couple of things that would make it
easier to use:

1) Comments could allow for multi-line code. I tried to paste stuff in
and well skipped a couple of packages from the paste :)
2) I found so many packages I didn't know were on my system so had no
idea what they were.
   A) is the package linked to things I use daily? [can this be determined.]
   B) is the package been used by something so I can see its usage by
other daemons.
In the end, I did remove a couple of things I was like "huh why did I
install that?"

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning