Expect more positive bodhi karma / check karma automatism

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:51:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:34:15AM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> 1) Comments could allow for multi-line code. I tried to paste stuff in
>> and well skipped a couple of packages from the paste :)
>
> Do you have any wish about how this should behave? I was thinking that
> e.g. a comment like "<EOF" will make it multiline and use everything
> until a comment that's only EOF will be used. EOF can be an arbitrary
> string.

That works for me.

>> 2) I found so many packages I didn't know were on my system so had no
>> idea what they were.
>>    A) is the package linked to things I use daily? [can this be determined.]
>
> I don't know how to determine this except to scan your .bash_history and
> use rpm -qf to find matches packages.

Yeah.. this would require a more massive database than I think is in
the scope of packages. This sort of big brother would basically track
what is run, by what and when. It would then present stuff so that a
user could see what they are using the most.

However, in some cases, I would just like to know:

poppler-glib: used by evince, gimp.

That way I can say.. oh I used evince since the update.. and its
working so I have not had a problem.

>>    B) is the package been used by something so I can see its usage by
>> other daemons.
>
> So you would like to have a list of all packages that are depending on
> this directly or indirectly? For a future release I was thinking about
> to use a more interactive shell that allows to also perform some
> additional query commands. Maybe this could be one of them.

The biggest query command I would like at the moment is something like:

fedora-easy-karma --list # lists packages to be voted on.
fedora-easy-karma --list-new # list pacakges I haven't voted on already.

I removed a couple hundred packages from my system today because I am
not suing them and even just hitting return to go past them was taking
a long time.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning