Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:52:04 UTC 2010

On 03/12/2010 06:14 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> How is it disruptive? Surely not because I have to rebuild the stuff I am
> developing myself and have to compile very often anyway

Just because you are in a position to rebuild stuff when necessary, does
not mean that is convenient for all consumers of a library to do so and
rebuilding and pushing out updates for software outside the repository
is often problematic.  Look at  real life environments outside the
developer boxes that you live in.  If you don't even agree with a basic
principle that breaking ABI should be avoided in updates, we don't
really have much left to discuss.

Rahul