Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 12 01:22:17 UTC 2010

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> If you don't even agree with a basic principle that breaking ABI should be
> avoided in updates, we don't really have much left to discuss.

I don't see this as being a "basic principle" at all. For an enterprise
distro like RHEL or CentOS, sure. But not for something like Fedora. What
counts is that all software in Fedora depending on the library gets rebuilt
and pushed at the same time. (That's what grouped updates are for.) We do
not support third-party software.

        Kevin Kofler