Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:26:42 UTC 2010

On 12/03/10 12:12, Thomas Janssen wrote:
--sniped--

>>> Oh, so it's our fault?
>>
>> It's just life, in all it's forms.
>
> Exactly. And if i live in an area where i cant have everything, i
> can't choose everything.

Bringing it back to dialup.
Fedora liveCD 500-700mb
CentOS DVD 3.5GB app.
Fedora 1, CentOS 0

>>> I want a lot myself. Doesn't mean i can have everything. But i can
>>> choose, as can they.
>>
>> They have, Fedora
>
> Perfectly, so why do they complain then?

They are doing the best with what they have.

"http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/en-US/html-single/#sect-Release_Notes-Welcome_to_Fedora"

Should we ask the community, to change our community focus:

"Fedora is a community of people, who come from well developed
lifestyles. Have access to high-speed internet, do not download,
or feel you belong unless this is satisfied.

>>> They can give back with any other distro as well,
>>
>> True.
>>
>> that fits their needs better.
>>
>> So you say.
>
> Well, all that complaining in this meag-threads makes it obvious that
> Fedora doesn't fit their needs, don't you think ;)

What doesn't fit their need is the infracstruture,
not the distro.

>>> Obviously not.
>>
>> You can't make that call for them.
>
> See above.

I did.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded, Fedora 12, 13, Rawhide: x86_64