Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 12 14:54:13 UTC 2010

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I should make people sit in a dial-up connection and have them
> update software now and then to bring them back to the ground.

I don't see why we should cripple our distribution just to support
communication technologies from the 80s or 90s. It's 2010 now, those
technologies are over 10 years out of date!

If the infrastructure sucks where you live, what needs to happen is that the
infrastructure needs to improve, not that the whole world adapts to stone-
age infrastructure. Bandwidth is required for many more applications than
just fetching Fedora updates.

        Kevin Kofler