Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 15:52:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 08:48 +0100, Matěj Cepl wrote:

> When was F13 released? Oh, it wasn't, so it is just glorified Rawhide
> still? And you complain about it being broken (especially in its
> updates-*testing*)?

F-13 Branched is /not/ a glorified Rawhide.  It's attitudes like that
which have led to continual slips in our releases and poor release
quality.  F-13 has passed the Feature Freeze and is in bugfix/polish
mode.  This is why we've instituted peer review on builds proposed to
land in F13, by way of updates-testing.  It has already discovered and
prevented a number of bad builds from entering the release making it
much easier to consume branched on a daily bases and work towards
polishing it up for the release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!