Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 19:27:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 12:26 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 12/03/10 12:12, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> --sniped--

> >> It's just life, in all it's forms.
> >
> > Exactly. And if i live in an area where i cant have everything, i
> > can't choose everything.
>
> Bringing it back to dialup.
> Fedora liveCD 500-700mb
> CentOS DVD 3.5GB app.
> Fedora 1, CentOS 0

In my experience, many users with restricted bandwidth actually prefer a
*larger* install image, as then they at least have a databank of
software available without an internet connection. They will often
acquire a DVD image from someone with a faster connection, or just by
buying a DVD through the post or whatever, and then they can install
most everything they need without using the internet connection. This is
not possible with the restricted range of software available on the live
image.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey