Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 12 20:04:01 UTC 2010

Peter Jones wrote:
> So this all boils down to you, the package maintainer, being unwilling or
> unable to actually fix bugs? Is that what you're saying?

KDE upstream fixes hundreds of bugs each month. It is just plain impossible
to backport all their bugfixes with the manpower we, or any other existing
distro, have (and no, our GNOME maintainers don't have that kind of manpower
either, so please don't bring up that argument), and even if we miraculously
managed to do it anyway, it would lead to us shipping something completely
untested outside of Fedora, so it'd potentially be much more broken than the
newer stable release series.

        Kevin Kofler