Stable Release Updates types proposal

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 12 20:18:11 UTC 2010

John J. McDonough wrote:
> Much of this state has a population density less than 5 people per
> square kilometer, and that is crowded compared to many of the western
> states.  At those population densities it will be some time before
> technology will be able to deliver high bandwidth connections
> economically to much of the population.

You have a good point there. I was in the Midwest (in Bowling Green, Ohio,
to be precise) with my parents for 4 months in 2001 and indeed we've been
surprised by the sparsity of population there.

But that still doesn't answer the question whether it shouldn't be up to
people like you to choose a distribution catering to your needs as opposed
to imposing them on the existing Fedora. The problem is, if all the
distributions optimize for people with low bandwidth, then what should
people like me who have higher bandwidths and would like to use their
bandwidth to get current software use?

        Kevin Kofler