Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 13 02:08:31 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 01:14 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> [...]
>
> There is clearly no reason to continue this conversation with you Kevin.
> We are just going to disagree.

That's what's really sad to me. Despite that the only "hard" evidence we
have seems to agree with what several of us have been saying - that
Fedora is distinctive for being very up to date, even in releases - it
seems FAB and others are going to choose to ignore that and change
unilaterally³ change Fedora into something we don't want.

(³from our persepctive, anyway)

For all the yelling that we don't want to listen to users, it sure seems
like you're the ones not listening. (I guess that's a tautology of
sorts. Still it's greatly disappointing that any sort of compromise
position has been shot down. By both sides, to be fair.)

--
Matthew
Time to get out the marshmallows...