Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 13 02:20:02 UTC 2010

Chris Adams wrote:
> Right after you _prove_ that this IS the case.  How quick would you be
> to reject that poll as unscientific and meaningless if it didn't go your
> way?  I thought it was a bad idea and didn't even take a look.  How
> widespread was the poll among regular users (not developers)?

There is no need to prove it: The mere RISK of losing 70-80% of our users
(which is exactly what is going to happen if the poll happens to be
representative, but those changes get implemented anyway) is a risk not to
be taken lightly.

> You say "we" do something, when you really mean "the KDE SIG".

Please leave the KDE SIG out of it. When I speak for KDE SIG, I say so!
(That said, several people in KDE SIG happen to share my position at least
to some extent. But please let them speak for themselves! KDE SIG is not a
groupthink club.)

        Kevin Kofler