RFC: Bodhi voting method.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 13 08:40:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 21:09 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> So for most users, when updating to updates-testing (or something
> straight from bodhi/koji that has not been put in updates-testing) a 0
> is the most likely response that should be given. A +1 should only be
> given in cases where a specific test has been done (and should be
> commented on. Ones without comments should be disregarded before pushing
> to stable.)

It's a nice effort, thanks. This doesn't reflect how we've been using it
in practice, though, certainly for F13. We're basically using it as a
quick 'sanity check'; Bill and I have been happily +1ing any critpath
package in F13 updates-testing which didn't actually eat our babies,
even if it has problems.

I think before we can get down to the nitty-gritty of fleshing out
specific voting criteria, we should probably agree on exactly what
extent we want testing to be done. And possibly whether we can really
represent it with a simple numeric system...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey