Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Haïkel Guémar karlthered at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:35:49 UTC 2010

Le 13/03/2010 12:46, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :
> You actually want a different distribution, likely a Fedora LTS, not
> current Fedora.
>
> Unfortunately, Fedora's leadership repeatedly had brushed off a Fedora
> LTS as "unmaintainable" and redirected people to CentOS.
>
> Ralf

Our primary mission is to lead the advancement of free software at a
fast pace. Bring the best and the latest of free technologies to the
mass, that's what differences us from other distributions.

Enterprise Linux is the closest thing to a Fedora LTS, that's why EPEL
was created and maintained by Fedora Project.

Our infrastructure, our tools are freely available, if anyone want a
Fedora LTS, just start a SIG and work on it. If you can bring a
sustainable project, i highly doubt that Fedora leadership would veto it.

I don't buy the crap about "leadership", Fedora is what its contributors
want it to be. If you dislike current leadership, vote for others
candidates or stand for the next election.

Fedora is already the upstream for Entreprise Linux, why it couldn't be
for a potential Fedora LTS ?

H.