can automatic pushes be disabled?

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Sat Mar 13 14:12:30 UTC 2010

On 03/13/2010 03:57 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Still trying to sort out coordination of our 2 packages by 2 different
> maintainers that must be kept in sync.  Surprise, one was automatically
> pushed to stable due to karma.
>
> Can that feature be selectively disabled?

In Bodhi web UI there is an option "Enable karma automatism". If you
deselect that, packages won't get automatically pushed to stable when
they reach karma threshold.

An alternative, and in my opinion better approach is to group those two
builds into one update in Bodhi. This way you can keep karma automatism,
but they will get pushed to stable together.

Note that you need to have CVS commit access to both of the packages to
be able to create an update in Bodhi. But if those two packages are so
tightly coupled, this is probably a good idea anyway.

--
Kalev