Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 15:50:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Here is where we have a definition problem. To me, unbaked stuff is
>> things that haven't had a good month of testing if its a large change
>> (a couple of days if its a small one).
>
> If you count all the testing done on prereleases, KDE 4.4.0 actually had
> much MORE than a month of testing before being pushed. Even if you count
> only the stable release, it got more than 2 weeks of total testing before
> the stable push. But the changes between the RCs and the final were fairly
> small.
>
> So please don't overgeneralize claiming all the feature updates which are
> getting pushed are "unbaked".

Kevin, I am only going to respond once because it is clear you don't
really read, you just shoot from your hip and you have not a single
iota of compromise.

You just inferred a whole lot into my post. I never said anything
about KDE in this post. I don't use it enough to be able to talk about
it. I gave a definition of what I thought unbaked was... nothing more,
nothing less.

I am done trying to have a conversation here... *plunk*

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning