Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 08:15:20 UTC 2010

On 03/13/2010 03:24 AM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> So now users who don't contribute are leeches? Wow. Just wow.   Without
>> users, contributors wouldn't have much of a motivation to contribute.
>>
> Yes.
>
> Interesting how you define users as people that give a warm fuzzy
> feeling to packagers. Great!

No, I don't.  I have to ask you to stop trying to put words into my
mouth only to diss them. I want to Fedora to be used outside of a core
contributor group.   If Fedora is only usable for contributors and
contributors only, we will lose contributors ironically because being I
want to use Fedora as well for my work.  Besides that, I would like to
be able to share Fedora with friends and family.  If I can't reliably do
that, then my motivation to contribute significantly decreases if not
goes away completely.   I know that I am not alone in that position.

I also disagree strongly with any notion that users are leeches.

Rahul