Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Mar 14 18:49:31 UTC 2010

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> You cut off the portion where I already explained why such a policy is
> inherently self defeating at large.

OK, fair enough, you made that case sure.  It's just that I don't agree with
that generalization much (or generalizations in general, heh).

I'm hopeful that there's a place to be found where we can largely have our
cake and eat it too.

Some people(1) just happen to to think our (primary) cake should be
contributors while others seem to think our cake should be users. (pardon if
I'm misrepresenting opinions).

Now, I'm about to go off and do something constructive (crazy I know) like
try to formulate some sort of explicit target audience for the fedora-kde
spin.   Hopefully, that will help frame future discussion.

-- Rex