RFC: Bodhi voting method.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 01:11:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:09:16PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> As has been noted by several people, the current voting method has
>> some short comings on what should be voted -1, 0, or +1. In order to
>> help clarify what to vote, and when here are some guidelines that
>> should be useful.
>
> The problem is you're assuming that the Bodhi karma system is the way
> it should be done.  But I think there should be separate buttons for
> each of the things you have mentioned:

Actually I do not believe I am assuming that at all. My assumption were:

1) I have an TUI/GUI interface setup as it is currently.
2) I have a tool (Till's updates-test script).
3) I have no guidelines on how to use my one widget.

Personally I don't care if it becomes improved or ripped out and
replaced with a "Electroshock the package owner" button. The RFC is
only meant to cover what is available at this moment.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning