Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Mar 15 12:05:23 UTC 2010

On 03/15/2010 12:54 PM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 14.3.2010 19:29, Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
>> Nonsense. There ARE users who want this kind of updates. Please don't
>> generalize your own opinion to ALL users in that way. "no" is a strong word!
>
> And yes, these are users who have subscribed to updates-testing. My wife
> bitterly complains about the amount of updates she is getting through
> F12/updates already,
And she doesn't complain about the unfixed bugs she is suffering from?

This is what I am actually complaining about and what hinders me to
switch my wife's personal machine to Fedora.

 > so I will have to switch her to something more
> reasonable for normal users

If Fedora KDE updates are a problem to here: Simply don't install it and
these won't be an issue to her.

> (probably CentOS 6, when it will become
> available).

LOL, ... I am expecting Fedora to experience a significant reductions of
contributors, when CentOS6 will become available, because Fedora
contributors will switch away from using Fedora.

Cause: The current buggyness of Fedora.

Ralf