Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 15 14:20:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne 14.3.2010 19:29, Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
>> Nonsense. There ARE users who want this kind of updates. Please don't
>> generalize your own opinion to ALL users in that way. "no" is a strong word!
>
> And yes, these are users who have subscribed to updates-testing. My wife
> bitterly complains about the amount of updates she is getting through
> F12/updates already, so I will have to switch her to something more
> reasonable for normal users (probably CentOS 6, when it will become
> available).

Would it be ok for your wife to run Fedora N-1 with only security- and
small bugfix-updates?
That would mean, Fedora N-current has the updates people like me loves
and Fedora N-1 (right now F-11) has only small updates like your wife
loves. Would also mean to be one release behind (nothing bad for
people who want less updates IMO).

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium