Linker weirdness: "could not read symbols: Invalid operation"

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 01:31:26 UTC 2010

> Knock yourself out:
>
> http://fpaste.org/FnFc/
>
> as I replied to John, though, oddly enough when I re-ran the command
> manually, it succeeded. Trying to see if it builds through mock now.

Are you sure that's the right command?  The ld error mentions
libvo/vo_vaapi.o, but that file name does not appear in the command line.

Also, try adding -v -Wl,-t,-y,vaGetConfigAttributes to the cc command--but
of course that's really only useful when you're modifying a command line
that is verified to reproduce the error.

Thanks,
Roland