Conflicts in latest update

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 16 14:24:28 UTC 2010

Ankur Sinha wrote on 16.03.2010 14:33:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 13:45 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Jon Masters wrote on 16.03.2010 13:04:
>> > I'd just add those gstreamer packages to my exclude config in yum for
>> > the moment, if you don't want to deal with the breakage each time. Then
>> > you can remove those excludes when the repos catch up with each other.
>> > /etc/yum.conf:
>> > exclude=gstreamer-plugins-bad-free gstreamer-plugins-good
>> There are so many developers around on this list that know: reporting
>> bugs is the right way to get problems fixed and fixing things is way
>> better than posting workarounds to public places for various reasons --
>> nevertheless nobody filed a bug yet afaics  :-/
> [...]
> I'm really grateful for the info.

np

> I didn't have enough knowledge on the transitions going on wrt gst packages

In case you got it wrong: my "There are so many developers around on
this list that know..." rant was not sent in your direction ;-)

> which is why I hadn't reported a bug yet. The intention of the thread
> here was to get more info on what was going on.

That's fine, but OTOH: A lot of people seem to think like that and that
afaics often leads to a situation where nobody reports the bug :-/ Note
that this is not specific to RPM Fusion, it's a general problem that
just worse when it comes to RPM Fusion, as it only has a quite small
number of contributors...

CU
knurd