Plan for tomorrow's (2010-03-16) FESCo meeting (note new DST meeting time)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 19:16:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 19:45 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 14:14 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> #355 Let rel-eng untag embryo from F-13 because it breaks the chain
> >> and upgrade path
> >
> > Does this one really have to wait for a meeting?  It's a pretty straight
> > forward case, deps are broken, it couldn't have been installed anywhere
> > to begin with.
>
> The question is whether to allow doing the untagging without an Epoch bump,
> making F-13 go backwards.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I had misunderstood the problem.  I assumed when the maintainer told me
that the deps were broken and nobody could install it, that he meant
nobody could install it, not that "it is unlikely that anybody would
install it".

Going backwards only really matters if the package happens to get into
people's systems, that's what we're trying to protect against.
--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!