Problems in packaging kicad

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Wed Mar 17 09:19:52 UTC 2010

On 03/16/2010 08:19 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 03/16/2010 08:27 AM, Alain Portal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get some problem in packaging kicad.
>> Linking fails, and I don't know how to solve.
>> There is no problem if I compile without packaging.
>
> Well, I doubt that seriously. This code is a bit of a mess (but still
> not as painful as chromium).
>
> Attached is a new spec file, and two patches that fix the problems which
> were preventing it from building.
>
> ~spot, who feels dirty after spending so much time hacking around cmake

Another little change that is needed is that the package source file
"kicad-ld.conf" has the contents "/usr/lib64/kicad". It should be
"/usr/lib/kicad", otherwise it does not work correctly on 32bit
i686 platforms.

The kicad.spec file edits this to "/usr/lib64/kicad" if for an x86_64
platform.

Terry