F-13 Branched report: 20100317 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 18 00:36:59 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 06:49:41PM +0000, Branched Report wrote:
>
>> fedora-easy-karma-0-0.3.20100306git00fc20aa.fc12.noarch requires
>> fedora-packager >= 0:0.4.0
>
> This is unexpected behaviour of Fedora for me. Why is the package from
> F12 automatically added to the F13 repo? The current situation is, that
> I did not push fedora-easy-karma from testing to stable in F13, because
> fedora-packager >= 0.4.0 is still in testing there, but it is in stable
> in F12, which is why I only pushed it to stable for F12 now.

Both fedora-easy-karma and fedora-packager are breaking upgrade paths, this
inheritance problem is just another side effect of that. The packages have
to be pushed to stable either simultaneously or in decreasing release order.
Both the fedora-packager maintainer and you: please queue your F13 updates
to stable ASAP to fix the upgrade path (which will also fix this inheritance
glitch). (And yes, fedora-packager needs to be pushed first, that's the
first offender here.) And next time please don't push out a F12 update
without pushing out the equivalent update for F13 first or at the same time.

        Kevin Kofler