Potential F14 feature: Use GPT partition table by default for "wipe complete HD" installations

Maxim Burgerhout maxim at wzzrd.com
Fri Mar 19 10:04:13 UTC 2010

>  The problem is old grub.

To quickly hook into this: wouldn't moving to grub2 be a viable
feature for F14 then? I know we wouldn't be the first to do it, but
that might be a plus here. The Ubuntu guys have already forced some
more wide spread testing of grub2 by implementing it in a recent
release. Implementing grub2 might then eventually make implementing
GPT in a later phase an option (I am not qualified to state this as a
certainty).

Or has this all been talked about before and has already been
concluded that this is not viable?

Maxim Burgerhout
maxim at wzzrd.com