Hard drive spec change

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Mar 19 14:04:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:56:10AM -0400, Ric Wheeler wrote:

> We are currently working to verify that storage devices work properly & report
> the information that they want us to use (doing this with several storage
> providers and have also raised this with EMC/VMware).

> If we see real world issues during this testing, we can start thinking about how
> to fix it.

This is good, but it already failed with Western Digital afaik. I
somewhere read that they did it correctly with test drives but now the
released drives do not report their sizes properly, so there are already
real world issues. It was mentioned on this thread I and have a WD20EARS
that shows this problem, too.

Regards
Till