rawhide report: 20100202 changes

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:52:53 UTC 2010

Hi cassmodiah,

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Simon Wesp
<cassmodiah at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 02.02.2010, 16:44 +0000 schrieb Rawhide Report:
>> ibus-m17n-1.2.99.20100202-1.fc13
>> --------------------------------
>> * Tue Feb 02 2010 Peng Huang <shawn.p.huang at gmail.com> -
>> 1.2.99.20100202-1
>> - Update to 1.2.99.20100202.
>> - Update iok patch.
>
> Why does ibus-m17n requires iok?
You can see what iok is at https://fedorahosted.org/iok. iok works
with inscript m17n keymaps. ibus-m17n also allows to write using these
inscript keymaps. So patch is written to add functionality to add icon
on ibus panel so that whenever user selects to write using any
inscript keymap he can see an iok icon and by clicking on it he can
see keyboard layout UI for that keyboard. This helps new user to know
which keymappings that keymap provides.

>Or: Why do add an patch for ibus-m17n
iok was present at that time only in Fedora distribution so instead to
add above explained functionality in ibus-m17n code, its added as
patch. (Now iok is added to Ubuntu also).

> to require iok? What's the benefit for this?
So as we want to see iok showing currently selected inscript keymap in
UI, we added iok as "Requires:" to ibus-m17n.spec

Do you see any problem for adding iok as "Requires:" to ibus-m17n.spec?

Regards,
Parag.