Fedora has become fat!

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 22 20:39:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Christoph Wickert wrote:

>> then you can diff the two more easily.
>
> I know how to use rpm, but as long as I don't have all the nightlies
> there is not much to compare. All I can compare is the F12 spin with the
> latest nightly and this wont tell me much about what happened in the
> meantime.

Right so here's what I would do:

1. compare you spin in f12 to f13a - look to see what new pkgs are added
and how much space that takes up
2. compare per-pkg how much they've grown - add that up
3. see if either of theabove account for the growth and if either of the
above are fixable
4. then start chasing down individual changes in pkgs that could have
caused the growth

-sv