Stable Release Updates types proposal

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 26 17:12:10 UTC 2010

* Till Maas [26/03/2010 18:00] :

> You added the section about informing upstream about half a year ago,
> therefore I guess the majority of package maintainer did not do this. I
> know I never did this, unless they already list other distributions or I
> had to send a patch.

I've always done this (although I suppose a number of packages have
fallen through the cracks), even before that section was there.

Interestingly enough, the first upstream I informed replied that I was
the first packager to do so despite the fact that his work was already
featured in a number of distributions.

Emmanuel