Update testing policy: how to use Bodhi

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 15:08:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 08:19 +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:

> I'm not sure if your usage policy covers changes to Bodhi, but how about
> the system emailing the upstream developers (direct and/or email lists)
> when a release is made available for testing/release and also on any
> problems found ?

I would be _very_ careful with sending autogenerated spam to random
people that have not signed up for it. I would expect many people to
react negatively to it.

Sending a small note along the lines of  'Hey, I'm packaging your
software for Fedora. How about you mention on the website that it is not
only available in Ubuntu but also in Fedora'  is a quite different
thing, and should be done.