Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Mar 29 12:39:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 02:20:57PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> As a user, having been hit by a bug, "CLOSED UPSTREAM" is nothing but a
> cheap bold lie packagers use as weak excuse to for not being able to fix
> a bug having hit a user.
>
> In other words: "FIXED UPSTREAM" does not fix anything for the user
> struggling with a bug. It only helps the packager to keep his bug
> statistics clean.

Yum related bugs are also closed with upstream, but still the Bodhi
update details contain the bug number, once the update upstream package
makes it's way into Fedora. Then everyone on the CC list of the Fedora
bug will also not notified once the update is there. Except that these
bugs do not show up in searches for open bugs, I do not see anything bad
with this approach.

Regards
Till