FC12 update repo broken?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:15:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 05:40 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Ralf Corsepius<rc040203 at freenet.de>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On 03/29/2010 07:44 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>
>>> My conclusion from this: Either fedora's mirror manager is dysfunctional
>>> or rel-eng pushed broken packages.
>>
>> Or someone mirrored during a push
>
> Isn't this exactly what mirrormanager and the metalinks are supposed to
> prevent to hit the user?

You expect and look for perfection in everything. Mirror manager can
help but there is going to be a non 0 chance it could happen.
Synchronicity or karma would have it happen to you.

>> Or your network path has a transparent cache somewhere which cached bad
>> stuff
>
> No cache/proxy that I am aware about.

To be honest, this is usually how people find out that some ISP above
them has put one in.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning