Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Mar 31 09:25:17 UTC 2010

On 03/31/2010 10:44 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 07:34 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>> Then let me put it more bluntly: To a Fedora release's user, both tags
>> are a slap into the face of "reporter" and mean "your bug will not be
>> fixed".
>>

> So, I get a minor bug report not worth pushing an update for in the
> general releases but I fix it in Rawhide, what am I supposed to do?

My advise: Let common sense rule!

If your "unworthy bug" causes malfunctions somewhere, it is likely
somebody will not share your opinon about this bug being "not worthy
updating", but will consider fixing this bug of ultimate priority and
vital importance.

If your "unworthy bug" doesn't cause malfunctions, you could easily
close it "WONTFIX" and add a comment.

Ralf