Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:49:51 UTC 2010

On 03/31/2010 06:11 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Well this is what I call "cheating the user" and "maintainer lying at
> themselves about their package's state" and why I consider "FIXED
> RAWHIDE" to be non-helpful.
>
> The maintainer did not fix the bug a "reporter" filed, but left it
> unresolved and fixed another bug: Another incarnation of the same bug
> waiting to hit the users in the next release.

That's just your perception and I don't see any consensus on that.  The
bug is fixed and fixed only in the development branch and this is a
fairly common thing to do for upstream projects as well as
distributions. because the fix is too small or too intrusive. As long as
the user is informed about the reason, the status is just fine.

Rahul