Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:58:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's just your perception and I don't see any consensus on that.  The
> bug is fixed and fixed only in the development branch and this is a
> fairly common thing to do for upstream projects as well as
> distributions. because the fix is too small or too intrusive. As long as
> the user is informed about the reason, the status is just fine.

I'm not sure its always fine. Nor am I sure that its ever a slap in
the face.  The truth is is probably in between.  There is probably
something to be said about tracking deficiencies accurately on a
release by release basis from a non-maintainer point of view.

Unfortunately our ticketing tool doesn't do a great job at this, as we
can't take one ticket and mark multiple release branches it affects
and which of those release branches the fix is provided.

-jef"
<Miracle Max/>It just so happens that your bug here is only MOSTLY
dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.
Mostly dead is slightly alive</Miracle Max>
"spaleta