Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 19:18:29 UTC 2010

> I'm asking for a sketch of a policy that would do better at accurately
> portraying what deficiencies are alive while still allowing
> maintainers to efficiently track which issues they've resolved to
> their satisfaction.

I've thought about this quite a lot, at both MDV and Fedora, and come to
the conclusion that it's simply not possible to do this with the current
implementation of Bugzilla. There is no really satisfactory way to use
Bugzilla to track issues across multiple distribution releases, that I
can think of. It's not a question of a lack of a policy; we need
improvements to Bugzilla, or a different tool. Launchpad provides a good
model, in this regard (though it is not better than Bugzilla in all
respects).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey