Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 19:29:26 UTC 2010

> On 04/01/2010 12:42 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > An alternative is to change the version to Rawhide and then you can use
> > CLOSED RAWHIDE. You should usually have the reporter's agreement before
> > doing this, though.
> >
> > Once again I note that Launchpad handles this noticeably better than
> > Bugzilla.

> Well, then let's fix bugzilla to adopt launchpad improvements or just
> adopt launchpad.

As I said in another mail, Launchpad isn't better in all respects, it's
not a simple decision. Also, currently Bugzilla is shared with Red Hat
and hence benefits from management by dkl and other RH staff; I doubt RH
would switch from Bugzilla, so if Fedora wanted to adopt something RH
could not use, Fedora would have to provide the person-hours to
implement and maintain the new system.

It'd be nice to have better handling for this in a future Bugzilla
release, but I think it might require considerable internal changes,
though I'm not an expert; it doesn't strike me as something simple to
patch in.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey